Thursday, November 24, 2011

PC gaming? No, Thanks....

In the old days, before I discovered solo miniature wargaming, I used to play a lots of PC games.
And the ones produced by Bethesda company were always at the top of my list. I remember playing Hammerfall long ago, then Morrowind, finally Oblivion, going through the complete story and all additions several times.
When new Fallout (not Elder scrolls line, but similar) came out, I was already soloing as a wargamer. I played some half way through the game, but I never finished it, something in there was not right for me anymore.

That was the last PC game I was interested in, until recently.

Now, with the publishing of the Skyrim, I felt tempered, and decided to give my old love another chance. Tried to play the game for couple of hours, finished couple of quests, and, I have to say, I feel bored. Turned of the PC and went painting some miniatures.

Goodbye PC gaming, we had fun times ones, but I think it is time we take separate roads....

4 comments:

  1. I have had the same thing. Left PC gaming because of board game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, because I too just returned to PC gaming after a long hiatus. At first I liked that the setup and tear down took no time, and I got no guff from the wife for pausing the game and leaving it setup, as I would with miniatures.

    But, I am a rules tweaker at heart, so not being able to tweak the rules and tap into the game only at certain points makes PC Games the Snack Food of gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more.

    Been a computer/video gamer all my life, starting in young age. Played a lot. But for the last 10 years, I haven't played much (except for some Nintendo DS/3DS or Android games while on the run).

    I don't know what it is, but I have lost interest in computer/video gaming. Find tabletop gaming much more challenging and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently rediscovered console gaming thanks to the XBox 360's Kinect. It kind of suckered me back into more traditional shooters and stuff.

    I do find, however, that after getting into solo gaming, Bethesda style games don't do it for me anymore. Action RPGs or those with more tactical elements are OK, though.

    ReplyDelete